Installing an MTRJ Fiber Connector
- Remove the dustproof cap of the MTRJ fiber connector and store it for future use.
- Align the core pin of the male connector with that of the female connector, make sure that the center PINs of the two connectors are on the same axis, and the pins and card slots are in the same direction, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1 Aligning the male connector with the female connector
- Align the fiber adapter along the axis and gently push the fiber plug, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2 Feeding the male connector into the female connector
- When you hear a "click", it has been plugged into place. At this time, the hook has popped up to lock the fiber plug. Pull gently without loosening, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3 Installed MTRJ fiber connector
- When disassembling, lightly press the button of the optical fiber plug to disengage the hook from the slot, and gently pull the optical fiber plug housing along the axis, and the disassembly is completed, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4 Disassembling a MTRJ fiber connector