Regulation Compliance of the NetEngine 8000 F
The NetEngine 8000 F complies with the following energy conservation and emission reduction regulations:
- Directive 2011/65/EU & 2015/863/EU on the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS)
- Regulation 2006/1907/EC concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH)
- Directive 2012/19/EC on waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE)
- ATIS-0600015.03.2016 Energy Efficiency for Telecommunications Equipment: Methodology for Measurement and Reporting for Router and Ethernet Switch Products
- Directive 2009/125/EC establishing a framework for the setting of ecodesign requirements for energy-related products (recast)
Power Consumption Management of the NetEngine 8000 F
The NetEngine 8000 F provides the following power consumption management functions:
- Power supply management
- Device-based power consumption query
- Configuration and query of the energy conservation mode
Power Consumption Reduction Designs of the NetEngine 8000 F
The NetEngine 8000 F has the following power consumption reduction designs:
- Allows fan modules to automatically adjust the fan speed based on environment temperature.
- Supports dynamic energy conservation for unused modules.
- Supports dynamic energy conservation based on service loads.
Energy Conservation Suggestions of the NetEngine 8000 F
The energy conservation suggestions for the NetEngine 8000 F are as follows:
- Separate hot and cold air ducts in equipment rooms, place the air intake vent of the NetEngine 8000 F besides the cold air duct, and prevent hot air from entering the air intake vent.
- Cover unused slots with filler panels and cap unused interfaces with rubber plugs to ensure efficient heat dissipation.
- Enable the NetEngine 8000 F to work in energy conservation mode.